Representing Children and Families in New York
Meeting the Needs of Your Family in a Variety of Practice Areas
Our New York attorneys help families in a number of different practice areas, including:
- Special education law: With past experience working cooperatively with school districts, we work hard to get your child access to the free and appropriate education he or she is entitled to under the law. Our special education services may include:
- Special education private placement: If a school district is unable to provide your child a free and appropriate education, your child may be entitled to placement in a private school paid for by the public school district. We will help guide you through this complicated process.
- 504 and IEP development: We can help your child with special needs obtain access to a free and appropriate education by assisting you through the process of developing your child’s 504 plan or IEP with the school district.
- Impartial hearings and appeals: If you are unable to work out a plan with your school district, you will have to take your case to an impartial hearing officer for an impartial hearing and possible appeals beyond the hearing. We can help you with these proceedings.
- Hiring a special education attorney: It can be difficult to know when you may need legal counsel for your case. We can help you understand when hiring an attorney may be necessary.
- Testing accommodations: We can help you and your child navigate through the process of obtaining accommodations for high-stakes tests such as the SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT and LSAT.
- Disciplinary hearings: We represent students with and without special needs in superintendent’s hearings. We have the experience and resources to handle the additional aspects involved in disciplinary hearings for students with special needs.
- Juvenile justice: If your child has been accused of a crime or suspended from school due to alleged misbehavior, we have the resources and skill to protect your child’s rights in both juvenile court as well as school disciplinary hearings. We also have the experience to handle criminal appeals.
- CPS claims: We handle all Child Protective Services (CPS) cases on behalf of accused parents. If you are involved in an investigation by CPS as a result of your child’s special needs and his or her educational placement, we can help you with that as well.
- Family law: We handle family law matters, including child custody disputes, charges of neglect and guardianship cases. We also offer services as guardians ad litem. Additionally, we help families plan for the future through the creation of special needs trusts.
Call for a Consultation With Us to Learn More About Our Services
Contact our lawyers online or call 914-232-2242 or 888-314-0722 to schedule an initial consultation. With offices in South Salem, we help individuals and families throughout Westchester County, Putnam County, Rockland County, Manhattan and the Bronx.