Protecting the Education of a Child With Autism
How Can an Attorney Help?
A lawyer with experience helping children on the autism spectrum with special education issues can:
- Answer your questions about your legal rights as a parent and your child’s right to an education
- Negotiate the placement of your child in special education school district programs for autistic children and therapeutic private school programs, at the expense of the school district
- Represent you and your child in IEP and 504 meetings to ensure your child’s development plan provide your child with the necessary accommodations
- Assist your child in obtaining special testing accommodations
- Pursue legal action if the school district fails to provide your child with the education he or she needs
We understand that children with autism have different needs and skills. Our attorneys work with variety of experts in order to help ensure our clients get the accommodations they need, regardless of where they fall on the autism spectrum.
Speak With an Attorney With Experience Helping Autistic Children
To discuss your child’s needs and for help resolving disputes with a school district, contact our firm. You can call our office at 914-232-2242 or 888-314-0722, or you can send our firm an email. From our office in New York, we help children throughout Westchester County, Putnam County, Rockland County, Manhattan and the Bronx in New York.